Old August 14th 05, 08:20 PM
note.boy

Scottishmoney wrote:

"note.boy" wrote in message
If you click on the small pic you will get a larger version, clear enough
see that some notes are strangely flat, even the dirty ones, and some seem
bit bright for old paper that should tone over time.

I will, as usual, be sniffing them for signs of Persil or Bold, they are
washing powders. Billy

From what I have seen, previously I looked on the PDF files, which was why I
saw the lousy pictures, many of the notes are "professionally repaired" or
show signs of having been washed. I wonder if this was by the previous
owner or if they purchased them this way?

The Macmillan notes are mostly proofs so they will not have been treated, the
"McIntyre" notes are mostly or all issued notes, many of which are old, once I
get the printed catalogue I'll compare them to notes sold at the Austin and
Pringle auctions as some may have come from there, if they did they were
probably treated when bought.

That's the great thing about banknotes, as they have serial numbers their
history can be traced.

I wonder if the grade of individual notes has improved over time? Billy