Old July 4th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jim Seymour

Default Teledyne Wah Chang tokens/tags

forrest wrote:
I'm looking for tokens or tags marked "Teledyne Wah Chang Albany."
These are usually circular or hexagonal, may be holed near the edge,
and are either grey or anodized in various colors. They are made out
of unusual metals such as zirconium or tungsten (marked on token). A
picture of one, with the information I've been able to find is at:
http://users.pullman.com/fjstevens/t...kens/4767.html

If you have one of these, I would be interested in hearing about it.
I'd like to find out how many different ones were made. I am also
interested in buying or trading for ones I don't have.

I have this lovely set of ".999 Pure Niobium" tokens called "First In
Flight" that are labeled "Wah Chang Northwest Art & Air Festival -
Albany, Oregon"

There are three "coins" - dated 2002, 2003, and 2004 - and I got them as
part of a large silver lot from a fellow RCC'er.

The 2002 commemorates Lindbergh's flight. The 2003 is for Orville and
Wilbur. And the 2004 is for Fritz Von Opel's "first rocket powered flight".

All three "coins" are in clear plastic holders, and the set is housed in
a black, hinged presentation case. The case, in turn, rests in a white,
paperboard box.

Here's a page that discusses one of the three coins: (Scroll down a bit)
http://www.alleghenytechnologies.com...q3/q3_2001.htm

I know very little about these things - and they don't really fit in my
collection. But as I'm an Oregonian, I think they're pretty cool, so
I've held on to them.

--
Jim Seymour