Old June 4th 09, 05:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Label ID.

Aha, I see your levity, and Joshua's response.

It doesn't say much for Ford Prefect's research,
"mostly harmless"?
It is obvious he hasn't lived here.

Like the motor vehicle we referred to, and drove, in our day.....he should
be renamed, Ford Defect.

(as an aside, I think that vehicle, the one with mudguards and bubble
lights,
had the longest gear shift lever ever, on the planet
.....and no good for snogging, it had bucket seats
.....and vacuum wiper blades, take your foot off the accelerator, and the
wipers stopped)

"Blair"
The term derives from a joke early in the series, when Arthur Dent
discovers that the entry for Earth in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the
Galaxy consists, in its entirety, of the word "Harmless."

His friend Ford Prefect, a contributor to the Guide, assures him
that the next edition will contain the article on Earth that Ford
has spent the last 15 years researching—somewhat cut due
to space restrictions, but still an improvement.

The revised article, he eventually admits, will simply read
"Mostly harmless."

: