Old December 16th 12, 03:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_11_]

Default "Mint no gum" equal or not with "MNH"?...

Ο "gogu" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
Good morning gentlemen!
A terminology question:
some times I encounter on eBay an S/S described as "mint no gum" and when
I ask if it's MNH or MH, I receive the following answer: "it's not hinged
but has no gum"!
This answer does not enlighten me a lot, since an S/S can be issued
originally with...no gum but it can also have lost its original gum for
various reasons, so it can't be regarded as MNH!
What is your opinion?

Good afternoon!
I received my S/S (actually two identical S/Ss) but still can't say if there
is something fishy with them...
Bear in mind I'm in stamps collecting for just about 8 months, so my
experience in the field is almost zero (I'm an old coin collector
though...).
I was wondering if you could say from a scanning if those two S/Ss are
genuine, MNH or not, etc...
I mean, is it easy for someone to judge by a picture only?....
If someone is confident he can do that, please let me know and I'll put a
scanning on net so he can give me his opinion.

Tnx

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/golanule/
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html