Old June 29th 08, 11:03 PM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Republican Liar

Default Democrats in Congress choking off USA oil supply-when 67% of Americans want to drill !

wrote in message

On Jun 29, 1:26 pm, "Republican Liar"
wrote:
wrote in message

On Jun 28, 12:53 pm, "Republican Liar"
wrote:
"trippin-2-8-track" wrote in

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...l_lower_prices

the public's opinion has changed as well- how can
Democrats keep blocking our desire to tap oil
resources, when 67% of us want to drill ?

you can't blame the Republicans for this, and you
can't blame Bush for this- it's a Democrat
controlled Congress, since 2006

Why has the right been blocking oil for so long?
.
We haven't.

.
So you are telling me that no republicans have been
voting along with the left to block drilling?

.
I didn't say that. There are some liberal Republicans.
Most of them
have been voted out.

Are you guessing now or what?

Why didn't they open ANWR
when they had control of both branches of
government?

.
Because we didn't have a filibuster-proof majority.

.
You had republicans voting to block drilling you moron.

.
A few. But the anti-drilling issue is OWNED by the
Democrats.

The "block drilling issue" is not owned by anyone. The right hasn't done
anything to open ANWR while they were in control of both houses and the
WhiteHouse. No one wants to open ANWR. If that happens then all the national
parks are fail game. The right knows this is not even on the table and
useses it for politics alone.

.
Why has the right
failed for so long to get anything done?

.
Because the Democrats have been obstructionists.

.

The right has always been the obstructionists you
ignoramace.

.
I know that I'm going to regret asking this, but how were
the
Republicans obstructionists when we held both houses?

They voted against their own bills to block drilling. You really shoud do
more reading then just what you fellow loons post to these groups. Then you
would know just who votes how on exactly what bills. Most of the time the
results is known before the bills are even voted on.

.
You seem to
think that all the republicans vote to drill.

.
No, I believe that most republicans vote to drill, and
most democrats
vote to keep working class citizens poor by keeping oil
prices
artifically low.

If you think that the left has been sucessful in keeping oil priced low for
reasons you state then you really are lame. Maybe you can give me some sort
of idea just how this is done. Do you have even one clue? You say that the
left has been keeping citizens poor by keeping oil prices low? Now I really
have to hear this one. I will leave a big space just for you to explain how
in your mind anyway just how this is done.

Put it right
here.............................................. ............................................

.................................................. .................................................. ........................

.
Will you always be such a
moron?

.
Not such a moron that I can't keep my side straight. On
one hand, you
condemn drilling - on the next you condemn a few
Republicans for
voting for an issue that you agree.

I don't condemn anything. I just want at least a few of you rightwingnuts to
explain to me how they feel they can blast the left while members of their
own party are guilty of what they accuse others of doing. Maybe if you
thought about it and tried to reason out why republicans were also voting to
block drilling you might be able to provide a logical explanation. So far
not one RightTard has been able to do it. Not even you.

The Republicans have a big, winning issues, and the
Democrats are too
stupid to understand how much it's going to hurt them.

Maybe you can explain that one too. It's not about oil supply it's about
alternative sources that the right has consistently blocked since day one.
The right are the ones that are in bed with Big Oil. They don't want America
to kick the habit. They want Americans to stay hooked on oil. They want
Americans to pay more for gas at the pumps.

Do you actually think that the demand and supply has been such that the
price of oil would rise to mush in such short time? When Bush took office
oil was $28 a brl. Now it is $140. That's 500% increase. Do you really think
that there has been an increase by 500% demand? Do you think there are 5
times the amount of cars in China and India since Bush has been in office?
Even you can't be this dumb. It's all about Big Oil pouring their profits
back into the their own business that has taken oil off the market. They buy
"paper barrels" that tie it up making it look like there is less available.
Pure and simple. There needs to be a windfall profit tax on the money made
by those profits. Not the profits of oil sold at the pumps.