Old May 27th 12, 04:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_10_]

Default USPS offers buyouts to 45K employees

? "Sir F.A. Rien" ?????? ??? ??????
In addition to the reduction in staffing, the USPS is also trimming
the small rural POs. Our PO will only operate 4 hours a day, five days
a week. Thus it will no longer have a postmaster and effectively end a
136 year existence.

That's sad...
Getting older I begin to become emotional in what regards traditions:-)

A similar PO 15 miles south of us fares the same fate, It too will
'disappear' after 132 years.

The 'nearest' PO for me will be some 16 miles away, but for the other,
it would be some 25 miles and into another state !!!

Once again [the so-called privatization] our gummint shows the lack of
regard for its citizens, while spending trillions aiding non-citizens
here and overseas!