Old January 30th 10, 05:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

Default Are 2008-2009 nickels scarce?

On Jan 30, 12:15*am, "Dr. Richard L. Hall"
wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, I went through 20 rolls of nickels that I got from my
bank and didn't find a single 2009-dated nickel. There were a handful of
2008's so at least they're out there. *I didn't find much else either, only
2 nickels before 1950, a 1939 and a 1949. *Bummer!

I also went through 20 rolls of cents and found only 3 2009-dated Lincolns,
all "professional life" types. *Those were the first 2009 dated coins that I
found except for 2 DC Terrritorial Quarters.

--
Richardhttp://coins.richlh.com/MyCoinLinks.htmhttp://www.richlh.com
Don't lament that the rose bush has thorns. *Rejoice that the thornbush has

."george pearl" wrote in message

I'VE never received one in my change yet and short of buying a case of
jeffersons and searching the lot, *I'm not sure that they are out
there. *Does anyone have any information on this?- Hide quoted text -

You're doing better than I am, Doc. After helping my boss/partner
empty the coin-op washers and dryers this past week, I noticed my
second DC-P quarter. Still no PR, GU, AS, VI, or NMI. The Mint's
production figures say there are millions of them out there. I'm not
seeing them.

As for other 2009 coins, I've seen 2009 Kennedys (with thanks to Jud)
and a few sporatic cents. Trying to get rolls of anything new from
the local banks is an exercise in futility.

Jerry