Old December 21st 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
John David Galt

Default FA: Complete works of Alexander Dumas, hardcover (closes Dec27)

Sam wrote:
On Dec 20, 2:50 pm, John David Galt
wrote:
This is a complete, hardcover set of the works of Alexander Dumas, published in 1906 by P.F. Collier & Sons, New York.

John,
In your ad, you state:
"All are in good condition. I don't call them "like new" because a
previous owner stamped each volume number on the top edge/face of the
pages (visible only when each book is closed)."

Is that the ONLY reason that you didn't call them "like new"?

Yes, though as you say, I'm not a book dealer. If you ask specific
questions I'll be happy to answer them. If you have advice about the
terminology I should or shouldn't be doing, I can fix it on the second
try if there is one.