Old September 16th 04, 01:26 AM
David Ames

Grandpa jsdebooATcomcast.net wrote in message ...
Did you contact them for a catalog or similar? Almost any contact with
them will net you 'approvals' which is what you are getting. If you
didn't then someone else did in your name. After maybe 6-8 mailings
from them that you return they stop sending stuff. At least they pay
for the return postage unlike most places with 'approvals'.

FWIW, they do have a really nice catalog!

Grandpa

Forty-some years ago I worked for a mail-order company that sold their
line through recruited salesmen. One day the office manager received
an indignant letter from someone who objected to receiving our
catalogs and sales literature. The manager had someone look up the
original card, which he returned to the complainant together with a
letter stating that his name had been removed from our records.

David Ames