Old August 27th 03, 01:32 PM
Phil Barnhart

Dondi,

I have provided people lists of the dealers; I even have had a phone
conference with two of the dealers and another ANA member who emailed
me about this post. These dealers confirmed my story. My question is
that why are you so quick to call me a liar when you don't know me?
Why not email me and ask me for more information? I am not trying to
sell anything. And why are several other collectors confirming my
experience while dealers like you so quick to call me a liar, stupid,
etc? Sort of my point? You have an extremely jaded view of people.

And you prove my point:

"$500+ profit is flat out guaranteed? Those coins would have never
made it past
my table, and I'd have turned the profit before I left the show,
probably
before I ate supper."

Facing someone with two raw coins and no knowledge, you immediately
think "$500+" profit. You don't suggest that they take it down to the
end of the hall and slab it. Your IMMEDIATE reaction is to take the
money and run like crazy. You can call it whatever you want. You can
say it is the seller's responsibity. You can make any excuse you
want. But you would brag about how a couple of rubes sold you a
valuable coin because they were clueless and trusted you to provide a
fair price including a reasonable markup. Stupid people. Smart
dealer. Sort of the attitude that has worn me out as a collector.

Dondi3
DONDI enterprises. BUY, SELL, TRADE. RARE COINS & PRECIOUS METALS
Member COINNET, CSNS, ANA, INA, MOON, ILNA.