Old February 4th 08, 05:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
C Green

Default Waterman Carene troubles

One of you pointed out to me that ink will flow around the interface of the
section & the inlaid nib. I tried rubbing a candle along the juncture, thus
filling this tiny gap, & I have to say it has helped, if not entirely
eliminated the problem. Who knows, another rub or two might just 'seal the
deal.'

Many thanks to all who responded to my concerns. This is a great group.
Wish there was more traffic here.

"C Green" wrote in message
My classy Waterman Carene with the delicious stub nib seems to have a bad
habit,... it leaks. No matter how much or how little I use it, almost
without fail there is ink on the section & thus on my fingers.
Has anyone else had problems with this pen??