Old October 22nd 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Dave Hinz

Default Trends at eBay-Maximus

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 14:11:32 -0500, Charlotta wrote:
In addition to the ususal scams going on at eBay, all in favour of
the seller, sellers are once again stacking the deck in their favour
by boycotting midweek transactions in favour of weekend pileups.

Let's guess...your choice of intentionally emotionally charged language
would be for what reason, I wonder?

Now in addition to phony high catalog prices sellers are taking
advantage of the fact that if you lower availability (midweek) and
stack everything on to Saturday and Sunday, you will create a panic
buying situation where people will overspend to acquire what they need,

You don't "need" anything being sold there.

which only further supports the notion of high catalog prices
because dealers can now claim 'unprecidented demand' - all created
by a false shortage.

Blah blah blah. If you don't want to bid (shrug) don't bid.

I continue to buy at eBay, as best I can by working within the
tight spaces between dishonesty and manipulation. It isnt easy but
every now and then I snag something I want at a fair price.

Fair is determined by the market. By definition.

Had I
known the world was going to become what it is today I never would
have sold my large world collection years ago - to pay the kids health
insurance and high rents.

Oh, I get it now, you're a whining troll. OK, you got me.