Old May 28th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default What makes a collection complete?

On Sun, 28 May 2006 14:34:13 GMT, RAR is alleged to
have written:
Something I have been long wavering on. I have what I consider to be
complete sets of buffalo nickels, lincoln wheats,and walking liberties.
That is I have all dates/mintes represented. But i dont have the error
coins (1922 plain, 3 legged buffalo, ...).

So, while those gaping holes in the albums bother me, am still feel that
the sets are complete?

Any opinions on what "complete" is?

Complete is what YOU define it to be. For myself, I think it's
perfectly okay not to have a22 plain or a three legger. I consider my
collection of Proof indian cents complete, though I do not have a
1864-L.

Bruce (And I likely never will. The 1859 was painful enough)
ANA R162074
EAC 3606

To email me, remember that RoadRunner
and Coyote do not mix.