Old September 22nd 03, 02:19 AM
Autographs

Default Question about Preprints

I have a question regarding preprint autographs. I was going through some
stuff today and I came across some old Christmas cards. These Christmas
cards were given to current and retired employees who worked for the T.
Eaton Company, about a 150 year old company. Canadians will remember the
Eaton's Department stores all across Canada. The cards had preprint
signatures of the Eaton family and a photo of the family on the front.

Well a few years ago the company went into bankruptcy and Sears took them
over. There are no more Eaton's stores left other than the huge mall in
downtown Toronto now called "eatons". (Trademark name changed when Sears
took over. They removed the apostrophy in the name and changed it to a
small letter 'e'.)

My question is that since the original Eaton's no longer exists do the
Christmas cards with the preprint signatures have any value.

Sincerely,
Stephen