Old April 21st 10, 08:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Galikanokus

Default Another ISP pulling Usenet plug.

Bruce Remick wrote:

"Frank Galikanokus" wrote in message
Bruce Remick wrote:

"Eric Babula" wrote in message
.. .
Slor wrote in
:

Despite all prevention efforts, "Scurvy Dog"
wrote in
:

teranews.com has a small set up fee but otherwise is free and it
carries binary groups.

Unless you'll be doing a lot of binary grabbing (they have a
50MB/day limit), I would definitely recommend Teranews. I've been
with them since before they started charging the set-up fee, but I
would pay that if I had to. Retention is generally very good, and
reliability is pretty good as well (they have hiccups here and
there, but they're still my pick over any of the free services
I've tried).

Terranews has a setup fee. I started using AIOE, and that's totally
free. No binary groups, tho.

Eric Babula

Sounds like a couple of the freebies mentioned will be worth a try.
Currently, I only follow rcc and one other genealogy group on Usenet, so
my
needs are pretty basic. I can certainly live without binary groups and
can't see paying any fees for what I had been getting for free for a
dozen
years or more. It's just that ever present "change" that this old
person
will now have to get used to. I have two months.

Thanks, folks.

You were paying for it all along.

You are still paying the same just getting less. It's called product
dowsing.

Okay. I know. I just refuse to be "dowsed" as long as there are other
options. See "luggage" "overhead" "Spirit".

LOL