Old February 12th 12, 11:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Toke Nørby

Default What is your opinion on coin / medallic / token covers?

oly wrote:

Proof that stamp collecting is dead???

When I go to the Super Walmart on South Sixth Street here in the
Patch, they sell three monthly magazines about coin collecting.

They also have for sale three magazines about "Stamps".

All three are about using rubber stamps to make decorative greeting
cards and other related paraphernalia to make small decorative
papers. In other words, "craft" magazines. NO PHILATELY.

I agree - nor in Denmark (where I live) we can buy philatelic
magazines at the super marked. But I am a member of four different
stamp clubs (one in the US) and I get magazines from all three :-)

Nobody collects stamps anymore.

At least there is one left! (me) - and could I just buy all these
stamps of "no value" because of gone stamp collectors - that would
really be fun!

Collect coins, historic or modern, and make certain that most of your
purchases have some gold or silver in them too.

I agree that coins are very attractive (too) and that it is important
for your investment that they contains some better metal. (But I stick
to my stamps!)

Mvh
Toke
--

Læs om "Skivearket" og "Skibsgrisens Flugt"
eller om Klasselotteriets inspektører 1753-2010: