Old November 3rd 03, 02:43 AM
Grandpa

We just had a stamp show this weekend and I attended both days for
several hours. There was a table set up for kids to take all they
wanted free from a large box of paper-on stamps, and all told I saw
maybe 15-20 kids rooting around in there for quite awhile. I noticed
several more were at various tables looking at stamps. Both of the kids
I happened to chat with briefly were looking for bird themed stamps.
Admittedly the 'Cast from Cocoon' was there tooG. I chatted with
another guy who was snagging stuff for his young daughter who was at
soccer practice and couldn't attend.

Dave wrote:
I just returned from a local stamp bourse. To be honest it looked
more like a gathering of the AARP (Assoc. of Retired People). I feel safe
to believe that the only person there under the age of 40 was a young girl
who was obviously with her stamp dealer dad (wether she collects... only dad
can know for sure).