Old February 27th 13, 06:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Bill Sharpe[_2_]

Default Deeeeeeeeee Lay

Sir F.A. Rien wrote in
:

"We sincerely apologize for your experience. After an investigation,
we could not determine why the First-Class Mail piece took 20 days to
arrive at its destination. That is not a normal occurrence. We do
not know why there was a delay. The normal service standard for
First-Class Mail from Pennsylvania to Washington would be
approximately 5 days. Again, we apologize that we are unable to
provide a reason for this delay."

But of course, they'll still charge full rate and surcharges ... !

Five days normal delivery time seems long for first class mail. But what
surcharges are you talking about?

I had a bill from my dentist right here in town that took two weeks to
get to me a couple year ago.

Bill