Old July 9th 03, 07:30 PM
BrainstormingSW

Default Two Possible Additions to FAQ

Hi, I've greatly helped in collecting/bookselling via this newsgroup,
and saw the FAQ as almost having more than I needed to know.
However, there has been a recent problem that I think perhaps the FAQ could
have addressed. I recently found about five books that I wanted that had some
"minor" mildew problems, and understanding that such books could possibly be
cleaned, I brought them home. Well, the mildew actually spread from the books
to a back laundry room and is creeping into another room. A lot of people
don't have experience with how virulent this stuff is and so the FAQ might have
a bit permissive attitude towards the danger of bringing home mildew-
contaminated books .

Another problem is the problem of storing books in cold areas. I asked about
the danger of storing books in closed areas that were still accessible to cold
and didn't get a response, nor is there anything about this question in the
FAQ. Cold can actually damage books: it causes the covers of both hardbacks
and paperbacks to warp outwards towards the edges.

--
Robert Pearson