Old January 2nd 06, 06:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default The bookselling racket (was: Collecting Dictionaries)

BobFinnan.com wrote:

Kris Baker sez:
You claim that some booksellers dump them in the trash; that's possible.

My local used book dealer (who, sadly, is going out of business) puts
his unwanted books out on his stoop and allows the locals to build up
their libraries for free!

Yes, there's one around here that has a box outside which says "FREE".
I'll bet that actually brings customers.

Is he doing it because he's going out of business ? Or did it put him
out of business ?

ER Lyon