Old July 17th 17, 04:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

Default USPS - New Rates Increase

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 16:38:48 -0400, "Victor Manta"
sharpened a crayon and wrote:

"Pierre COURTIADE" wrote in message

"Victor Manta" :

Well, well, Jean-Paul, the French stamp collectors could maybe ask La
Poste to decrease its postal rates, giving them as a good example the
USPS.

He he !

Good advice Victor,

Nevertheless I remember that the German postal rates were higher
than ours in France

It may have changed as in the recent years, La Poste increased
considerably its basic postal rates (letter under 20 g)

Believe me or not, Pierre, but the price for a Standardbrief International
to be sent to USA through Die Deutsche Post (DP) is 0.90 EUR.

Jean-Paul wrote that the same costs 1.3 EUR when sent through La Poste.
That's 40% more...

For the times they are a-changin'.

If I remember well, DP increased its postal rates just one time in the last
about 15 years, that means since it was privatized.

Amicalement,

Victor

Well, the USPS is in the middle muddle at exactly
1 Euro for a minimum letter.

---