Old January 12th 04, 03:16 PM
Peter D

Not bothering to read the enormous thread this generated, except for a few
messagfes, I'll pass this on (FWIW).

If someone here abused your private e-mail address, changing it and
announcing the new one hardly serves to stop the abuser, does it? If the
purpose was to plant an e-mail address on the group (and I suppose different
e-mail addresses are given to other groups/persons) to catch someone here,
nothing much is achieved. After all, what will you do if you can prove
someone here abused your email address? How will you divide and conquer the
whole?

Better to just anounce to those that matter via e-mail your new address and
carry on. Life's too short and there are too many pleasant things to do than
give the abuser the pleasure of seeing you go to such measures and spend so
much time and energy on this matter.

As for the thread about people proving their innocence, I'll say this. The
burden of proof is _always_ on the accuser. Innocence is presumed _always_.
No-one should ever feel they have to prove they didn't do something. And
such an inversion of the usual prcoess is wholly inappropriate for a small
group like this.