Old May 18th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default FA: 1921-D Walking Liberty Half

On Wed, 17 May 2006 23:14:45 GMT, Eric Babula wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote in news:4d1gtpF16504gU2
@individual.net:

I still gotta call this an AG-3, given the scratches and pit on obverse,
the rim dings, and the detail. But, I'm sure many on ebaY would have
called a VG-8 without batting an eye. I would agree with Mr. Jaggers that
the WLH is 'one of the most grossly overgraded series in all of coindom'.
It's just awful!

Well, Heritage said go for G-4, or "for G4 money" more accurately. The
skirt lines & details on the wing, like I said, it's a tough one. But
I'm certainly providing clear enough pics.

I see that all the current bidders are RCC-folk, so I'll probably stay
away from this one. But, I'll put it on my Watch List. And, if it doesn't
get high enough for me near the end, I'll HAVE to make a bid of my own.

I certainly wouldn't want to discourage anyone from bidding. This one
will be interesting to watch.

Not that I'm any competition for the likes of Ira or the other RCCers who
have already bid, but ya never know.
I appreciate your honesty in the description. You're a good egg, Dave!

(shrug) I call things like I see them. That may have been obvious here
from time to time (VBG)

Dave