Old July 9th 05, 12:25 PM
the real DeserTBob

bull****- Ebay is slow in summer, high in winter.

That 83D just sold for $406

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

very unusual this time of year- it's safe to say, Ebay is picking up
again. The Ebay market in general took a **** after 9-11 and never
really recovered to it's previous level of prices.

I had 2 of those 83D's- nice decks but Akai only rated them to 14khz,
and you can hear the difference compared to an 80-81-82d Akai deck- the
earlier decks sound a bit better. I only paid $50 and $75 respectively
for them on Ebay.

What's nice about the 83D is, more modern looks, silver front panel,
and very quiet track switching. Not a loud "ker chunk".

Both of mine needed new motors- as the smallish DC motor wears out on
them- the brushes wear out. Any 83D used heavy will need a new motor.

Fortunately, I have plenty of motors for that application, remember ?