Old May 22nd 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default fake ebay seller email

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 May 2006 18:40:14 -0400, Harvey Bastacky
wrote:
If you put your mouse curser on the link in these bogus E-mails and see
where the link goes at the bottom left of your screen, you will notice
that
they DON'T go to Ebay.
They are getting much more creative in their bogus E-mails....

They can fake it so that your method, Harvey, won't be able to tell.
Please, please please please please, go and at least visit
toolbar.netcraft.com and read up on what it can do for you - for free,
from a highly reputable organization in the field of IT security.

I will second that motion, amended as follows: do not respond to any email
from eBay or PayPal that appears anywhere except in your "My Messages"
folder on eBay itself. Likewise, do not respond to any email from any bank
or credit card company, even if you have an account there. Communicate with
your bank only by entering its URL in your browser. Any deviation from this
plan can bring a world of hurt.

Mr. Jaggers