Old May 21st 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default fake ebay seller email

In , on 05/21/2006
at 03:27 PM, "Dale Hallmark" said:

When I click on the link it goes to who knows where according to the
address.

I went to eBay and I don't owe anything :-) unlike the email claimed. I
was sure I didn't but it was a very nicely crafted deception.

I've forwarded 3 emails during the last week; 1 "eBay" email claiming I sent
the wrong item when I didn't sell ANYTHING, and 2 different paypal emails,
one claiming "payment received" and the other that I was late. All with
bogus links. I forwarded each to the prospective "spoof@" address and got
the expected auto-responder.

The emails seemed a bit more clever than those in the past. It's getting a
little scary!

Nick