Old January 1st 09, 03:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

Default Column Sort - Definition

Page 229 of Duggleby supplies the answer.

"If there are random errors in one or more of the eight columns on a (8 x 5)
sheet, then these will be marked, cut off and stacked until such time as
there are enough good notes to make up a bundle which will be numbered as
"column sort"."

Billy

"John B" wrote in message
I often see the term "Column Sort" used with reference to banknotes
but I don't understand what this means and I can't find it defined
anywhere. Can someone enlighten me as to the meaning and why banknotes
defined thus seem to have increased value.

Thanks,