Old January 23rd 05, 11:19 PM
LindaBeynon

Default Welsh County Doll textiles Wales 5 Caernarfonshire old

We have for auction this month a collection of Welsh county or area
dolls with wooden bodies, and dressed in their traditional garb
,according to their area. The flannel used on these dolls is woven at
Melin Tiefi ,Drefach Felindre, a town that was formerly the capital of
the Welsh weaving industry. I dont believe these dolls are
particularly ancient,but by the look of their labels probably 20 or 30
years old.They are however to my knowledge no longer available.
This doll is a Caernarfonshire Bride on her wedding day,carrying not
flowers,but the customary "best" shawl over her arm.Please check our
other auctions to see sales of the other dolls.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MESE:IT