Old May 21st 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Some help please, Indian coin

"Brian Blackwell" wrote in message

"Mil80C" wrote in message
B.J.
I could not access that newsgroup for some reason, perhaps my server does
not recognise it, I have found an empty NG
"alt.binaries.pictures.fishing" and posted it there. Hope you can see
that, If not I'm happy to e-mial the pics to you.

Dave

"B.J. Herbison" wrote in message
It doesn't sound like any coin I've seen, it's probably a token. Do you
have pictures? Either post to alt.binaries.pictures.numismatic or put a
link to the picture in this group.

B.J.

Mil80C wrote:
I have found in a deceased relatives things an Indian coin 35 mm in
diameter and 2.5 mm thick. The coin features a raised map of India with
Gandhi standing in the centre and "75" in the Bay of Bengal, the words
GANDHI IN INDIA across the map and some Indian lettering I can not read
around the edge. The other side has Gandhi's head and shoulders with
more Indian writing but in big bold letters above his head is
"SUPERMAN". All is a raised gold/brass colour with a silver background,
some of the silver has worn to reveal the brass colour underneath. Has
anyone ever heard of such a coin? I expect it is some kind of
commemorative coin but I can see no four digit date.

Any help appreciated

Dave

--
B.J. Herbison / /
http://www.herbison.com/herbison/bj.html

Images have been moved to alt.binaries.pictures.numismatic

Looks like a medallion to me

In the latest issue of Coin World, QDB defines medal and medalet, but not
medallion. I was going to email him for an answer, but perhaps you can
stand in for him. What, exactly, is a medallion?

Mr. Jaggers