Old May 18th 06, 11:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Some help please, Indian coin

I have found in a deceased relatives things an Indian coin 35 mm in diameter
and 2.5 mm thick. The coin features a raised map of India with Gandhi
standing in the centre and "75" in the Bay of Bengal, the words GANDHI IN
INDIA across the map and some Indian lettering I can not read around the
edge. The other side has Gandhi's head and shoulders with more Indian
writing but in big bold letters above his head is "SUPERMAN". All is a
raised gold/brass colour with a silver background, some of the silver has
worn to reveal the brass colour underneath. Has anyone ever heard of such a
coin? I expect it is some kind of commemorative coin but I can see no four
digit date.

Any help appreciated

Dave