Old September 11th 03, 07:20 PM
Geoff Aldrich

Hello Shaka,

The serial number does not tell you the position of the note on the sheet.
However, there is a small "Plate Position number", which is usually located
near the top left corner on the front of the note. This number (actually a
letter and number) can tell you where that particular note was printed on
the sheet. The following web page describes it in more detail:

http://www.dawnscurrency.com/anatomy/positions.html

Notes printed since Series 1957 have been printed on sheets of 32 notes.

Hope this helps.

--Geoffrey

"Shaka Zorba" wrote in message
Hi
I see there are many helpful people
that post here and I have gained much
by reading in this group so many thanks
for your posts .
I would like to know if you can determine
the position of a dollar bill on the sheet
from it's serial number ? Also if the serial
numbers of the other bills on the sheet
can be determined ?
Again , thanks for all the information I
have already gathered here.