Old March 10th 16, 01:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

Default What are your thought?

On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 8:25:17 AM UTC-5, Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 4:59:30 PM UTC-5, sgt23 wrote:
Will any of you be purchasing the Mercury, Standing Liberty or Walking Liberty gold coins this year? Do you like this ideal or do you think the mint should stay away from these kinds of products?

Gold is getting too expensive for a commemorative. If they were made in silver I'd consider it.

One thing that kind of bothered me was the 2014 Kennedy. The Mint issued a dual-date gold commem. I would have gotten one if it was silver. The gold was too cost prohibitive.

Jerry

The mint seems too be getting them selves in a lot of messes lately or produce coins that don't work out. Sometimes I wish they would just go back to just mint and unc sets, and maybe one commemorative a year.