Old April 8th 09, 04:36 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Help!!! Wiring in a GE portable?

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 05:40:37 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

those are good sounding portables though, I had a few of them, they
put out a lot of sound for their size snip

Back when GE was a real company and not a shell game run by Jackass
Welch, they did indeed produce some good stuff. I remember several
'60s and '70s GE portables that were far better than the Japanese
competition of the time, but once Jumpin' Jack decided that making
stuff in the US was too expensive for his tastes, things got bad.

Although Welch and his trophy wife/publicist continue to spin what a
great CEO he was, it's easily arguable that Welch was one of the worst
US "captains of industry" of the 20th century, right up there with
Roger Smith, Bob Allen (old AT&T) and a host of other morons.

Sic transit GE!