Old March 18th 07, 08:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
elkhound

Default MOST NAKAMICHI 2-speed decks were HALF SPEED 15/16 & 1-7/8...not all.

On Mar 18, 1:41 pm, DeserTBoB wrote:

That's it...the 680. I thought it was the 682, but there may have
been such a model as that also. I don't recall, nor do I care.

You thought it had 3.75 IPS- it doesn't- the extra speed is 1/2 speed,
15/16 IPS, are you trying to pass THAT off as "high fidelity top
end" ? no wonder NAK went under.

I DO
know that the (model name deleted to further infuriate a paranoid
delusional) does indeed record and play at 3¾ IPS.

WRONG- Nak's dual speed was cueing, and half speed- not 3.75 IPS. If
there WAS a lawsuit against NAK, it was over 15/16 IPS, not 3.75 IPS.

You'll never find
it doing your "googling," either...

agreed- because such deck does not exist- already spoke to NAK experts

Denon, Marantz, Fisher, Bic made 3.75 decks

Now...if you REALLY want to look like a stunod, I'll start dredging up
ALL your cancelled posts about how bad cassettes are at ANY speed.

you'll find posts saying I'd use the format, if is had 3.75 IPS- which
I now am- I do what I say, unlike you, who changes his mind and life
philosophy daily.

this is too easy ! you''re NOTHING !