Old June 5th 09, 10:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default The Colors of Sistine Madonna. Was: Art on stamps.

"rodney" wrote in message
Behind this rather spacy, moody pastel "view of the zoo"
by Fermin Eguia, an Argentinian, lies a very bizarre and
captivating artist.
http://cjoint.com/data/geo1ZweHmL.htm
It's a pity wiki has nothing on him, I find him strangely captivating
apart from a few small images on the web, and a Youtube
I think Victor should devote a page to him

A book about this artist can be found on eBay: FERMÍN EGUÍA. Obras 1965-2005
(Paperback) by Laura. Malosetti Costa (Author)

After having found his work of art named "Pintura" (1974):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maudbue...es/1873453333/

I have decided to not follow your advice, Rodney. I suppose that you will
agree with me on this :-)

May I propose you instead my latest Art on Stamps page, named The Colors of
Sistine Madonna:

http://www.artonstamps.org/Countries...ine-colors.htm

I hope that you like this classical painter too, even if you may disagree
with some of my comments on the discussed New Caledonia stamp.

--
Victor Manta

Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/