Old September 11th 03, 10:39 PM
Ed Hendricks

"Redburns" wrote in message
om
My father pass away. I have a case of coins that I need software
package to find the market value for. I pick up a book "A Guide book
of United States coins" but it is so hard to look up. What I am
looking for my a software package that I at type the currency in and
the date and give me the market value. Can you help? Thank you.
Please e-mail you ideas to

The animal you look for does not exist. "Market" value, for the most part,
is an ever-changing figure. It varies from place to place and from day to
day and is entirely dependent on the condition and appearance of the
specific coin in question. There are, however, "catalog" values which can
give you a general idea of the *retail* value of a coin if you know it's
grade. For that, if your coins are all U.S., the Red Book that you have is
as good as anything. Your best bet, particularly if you do not know how to
grade coins, is to take those coins in to your local coin shop (or better
yet, a coin show) and get an appraisal from an experienced dealer. If you
have many coins, that appraisal will cost you for the dealer's time and
expertise but it is well worth it to know what kinds of coins you have.

Sorry, I do not respond to this type of inquiry by email. If it is worth
coming here to ask the question, it is worth returning here for the answer.
Besides others may benefit from the answers you get here.

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621