Old May 27th 10, 04:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

Default Frosting?

On May 26, 1:16*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"sgt23" wrote in message

On May 24, 7:43 pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

I just received my 2010 America the Beautiful quarter proof set from the
Mint. IMO, they have gone *way* overboard in producing the frosted
appearance to the point that little detail is left on the raised features
after the apparent "sandblasting". The business strike quarters will
surely look much better than the proofs.

It doesn't surprise me, it seem Moy only likes cartoons on anything
the mint makes now.

FWIW, here's a comparison with the obverse of a CAM 1999 quarter and one of
the 2010 ATB quarters. *You can hardly make out the details on the reverse
"business" side of the ATB quarters.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/t...met/1999CT.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/t...1frost2010.jpg

Just terrible!