Old April 17th 10, 08:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default Liberty nickels?

oly wrote:
On Apr 17, 7:46 am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
Relayer wrote:
On Apr 12, 8:58?pm, "thermo102" wrote:
First, I'm not a collector and don't think I want to get into it at
this time.

That said, I was recently given some coins which I believe were
'randomly' kept by some of my in-laws. (now deceased)

The nickels caught my attention because I had never seen one
before!

The dates a ?1906, 1911, 1912 (2 of).... better condition than I
expected them to be

I think there are some large cents(?), and other early US coins.

They are certainly circulated, and I have no idea what quality they
would be.

In addition, there are quite a few foreign coins, mostly German I
think, and some Italian.

In a nutshell, what would you suggest I do with them?

Thanks in advance,
Ace

Don't take them to a dealer. Sell them on Ebay.

Good advice for someone who knows both coins and eBay. But way too
often, we see auctions for coins in which the amateur seller makes a
fool of himself through poor ad copy. To be successful on eBay it
takes good photography and accurate, tight text. It also helps to
have a long, unbroken record of positive feedback.

James- Hide quoted text -

I tend to agree with mon prof - unless you have some better than
average coins, or coins worth five dollars apiece or better (and many
Liberty Nickels won't do that much) you are going to get ignored by
the buyers or fee-d to death using fee-bay.

FWIW, I am now back from a decently long trip to Oxford and London.

Been wondrin' about ye, mon vieux. Précis of your experiences, at CICF next
week, praps?

James