Old February 5th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Best Coin Software to get? (Long reply)

wrote in news:1139166575.464619.171970
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Thank you for your help and I'm going to start looking at the web sites
and what sounds like a good program for my uses I'll download the
trial. That's what's great about the trial software.
I had gotten out of working with my coin collection for the last few
years but am getting back into it again. I will be sure to post my
results of what software I choose.

Hope you find something that suits your needs. I ended up getting
CoinManage (for Christmas), and like it, so far. I don't typically
collect foreign coins or paper currency, so I have no need for those
features. But, I do believe that you can inventory foreign coins with
CoinManage, and they also have CurrencyManage for paper money. I believe
they sell them as a bundled package, too.

If you don't find what you need in some of the paid software programs,
you might consider putting your collection in an Excel file instead of
Word. You could always import the Excel file into a database, and do
whatever you want with it - providing you're proficient at database
design and manipulation. I'm not, nor do I have the ambition to learn
that, so I went for the commercial package.

Good luck!

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA