Old February 4th 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Best Coin Software to get?

I am a coin collector and have a wide variety of American Coins dating
back to older silver and gold coins as well as half cents, etc. I also
have some bills such as $2 bills as well as foreign money like Iraqi
paper money and coins from around the world.
What I have done for keeping track of all of this is I've simply typed
up a word document listing all coins from 1700's and up (and including
S's, D's, etc) and then I leave it blank or either write a 1, 2, etc.
next to it to write the number of that type I have. As newer years
come I just add to my word document by writing in the newer years.
Well this has become hard to keep updated and now I'm wondering if it's
time for some type of coin database software. I am looking for the
following features:

Very important: Database that can be updated yearly or so for each new
year and coins
Very important: I want it to contain foreign coins as well as american
coins.
Somewhat important: It would be nice if it contains paper money.
Somewhat important: It would be nice if it had pictures of the
coins/paper money but not
as necessary
Important: That I can easily view coins of any type (such as looking
at what Indian Head
Pennies I have.
Very important: I want to be able to print out the database so I can
take it on the go such as if I go to a coin store so I can see what I
have.

I have never looked for coin software out there and prefer something
low in cost but for the right software I'd willingly pay more. I'd
appreciate any advice. Thank you.