Old May 9th 07, 01:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Default Buffalo Nickels

wrote in message
.. .
In article , "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

wrote in message
. com...
In article , "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

[snipped to cut down on scrolling]

well, i think anyone that believes that's a fine is
ignorant. i can't imagine what the ag's look like.
bat barf, prolly.

They're not pretty, but they are 93 strawberries.

I suspect the slabber put that grade on there to guard against the
owner
trying to crack it out and get it into a competitor's holder, knowing
full
well that they had exceeded everybody else's limit.

James
'hey, look what we just slabbed, nya, nya, nya'

ngc does not amuse me. a ploy to keep it out of a pcgs
slab and who cares about anacs?

I kind of like ANACS because nobody sends them coins a second time,
hoping
to get an upgrade.

James

ok, but who sends them coins the first time?
i hear they're good for cleaned and errors.
anything else?

1. They'll give you a free opinion at a show.

2. Their grading seems just as accurate as any other company, at least
for the circulated (usually WELL-circulated) coins that I buy. I can't
speak for their prowess at grading Uncs.

3. It seems that they get more "collector" coins than the other outfits,
maybe because they charge less and put on fewer airs.

4. They will slab a coin that has problems (VF30 details, for example).
They used to identify the problem and net-grade the coin, but they don't
do that anymore.

5. I really dislike the look of their new holders.

James

I chose ANACS-slabbed gold coins for my Unc 20th century type set.
Authentication without the PCGS/NGC premium. I dislike their new holders,
too, and I'm still searching for the last two gold types I need ($2½ Liberty
and $5 Indian) and in the old ANACS holders.

Bruce