Old October 5th 04, 01:42 AM
John B. Egger

Default Anyone find the 605 a bit scratchy?

I just filled my Levenger's Pelikan 605 with Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue and
put it to paper. It seems a little scratchy. Not bad... but it may not
be quite as smooth as my Waterman Phileas, and it definitely isn't as
smooth as the Namiki Vanishing Point that's become my favorite pen.

I've only written a few hundred words with the Pelikan, on various kinds
of paper. (Nothing coated, to my knowledge, but its very first words
were in the margin of a newspaper that happened to be lying nearby.)
Maybe it just needs a little more use. Nice enough looking pen; I hope
its performance turns out to exceed that of the $30 Phileas.

--
--John
Registered Linux User #291592