Old August 31st 03, 03:51 AM
Phil

I also received one of these emails. I almost fell for it until I got to
thinking that I had just finished placing some bids with no problems. I also
informed eBay about it but I never received an answer. Be very careful just
what kind of emails you answer that ask for any on your info.

"phil small p" wrote in message
om...
"PJZ" wrote in message

. ..
Twice in the past week we have received email messages that appeared to

be
from eBay but were actually someone trying to gather personal

information.
They looked REAL, so we decided to post the response we got from eBay

here
to alert anyone else who has received these messages! They message said
that our account information had changed and that we needed to re-enter

our
information in either the email itself or a link that was attached.

Here's
eBay's response after we sent them an inquiry about the messages:

* * * *

Hello,

Thank you for contacting eBay's Trust and Safety Department about email
solicitations that are falsely made to appear to have come from eBay.
These emails, commonly referred to as "spoof" messages, are sent in an
attempt to collect sensitive personal information from recipients who
reply to the message or click on a link to a Web page requesting this
information.

Deleted body of e-bays response....

Thanks for the heads up-this seems to be a recurring theme,and most of
us have
dealt with it in the past,but we do appreciate knowing it's going
around again-thanks.
phil