Old February 2nd 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
William M. Klimon

Default J.G. Nicholson

On Feb 2, 9:04 am, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

The most interesting donation we've had in our charity bookshop for
a while; a small calf-bound volume of poems by J.G. Nicholson, gold
blocked on the cover "A Chaplet of Southernwood or A Garden of
Ladslore" (sic, should be "Ladslove").

Both seem exceedingly rare. OCLC lists only 2 copies of A CHAPLET OF
SOUTHERNWOOD and only 5 copies of A GARLAND [not: GARDEN] OF LADSLOVE.

Maggs has a copy of A GARLAND for sale for £720.

I have no doubt that there are private and institutional collectors
who would be very interested.

A very nice find indeed--I might consider sending it to a real auction
house.

William M. Klimon
http://www.gateofbliss.com