Old July 22nd 12, 12:20 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

Default Rowe AMI 200 Model #R-88 Selection Problem

On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 11:58:42 AM UTC+10, (unknown) wrote:
On Sunday, July 1, 2012 9:05:20 AM UTC-5, RyanManess wrote:
> Hello all this is my first post here. I have an AMI 200 model r-88 juke
> box. I cannot get it to take manual selections. I can set it to play
> continuously random records no problem.
> Any help will be greatly appreciated!
> Ryan Maness
>

> --
> RyanManess

Take a look here..
http://www.cdadapter.com/r84chip.htm
It fixed a box for me.You cannot get the chips anymore,so this is the next solution.

What you are saying is true, but note that R-88s have been known to have 2 very different types of CCC board fitted in them. Your post applies if it has the CCC like in the R84 - R87 fitted, but many R88's have a version of the R89-94 CCC installed.

Note that this CCC while it looks the same as the R-89 type, it is electrically different, but all the IC's are readily available standard types, and the chip you link to is not used in these ones.