Old June 12th 04, 05:04 AM
Courtney Love

Bob Streeter wrote:

I have a book here about Wilhelm II by Paul Meinhold, published in
Germany 1912. While looking through the book, I found a letter tucked
in which I can't begin to reard. It's in the old handwritten German
script, dated Potsdam, 1888 (I think)

You mean Fraktur?

There is a black border arounf
the page, which I am told signified death or funeral correspondence.
At the top of the first page is a very regal llooking "W", topped with
a crown. The letter is signed but I can't read the name. I did find an
image of, Kaiser Wilhelm, father of Wilhelm II. This does appear
similar.

You're not being clear. What is similar to what else--the image to the
writing?

If anyone give me an idea of what this says I'd appreciate
it. I'll try to include some links to images of the letter, but not
sure if they'll work.

Links good, images themselves not.

If not, email me and I'll try to send images.
I have visions of the letter being from Kaiser Wilhelm, maybe his last
will. "I do hereby leave Germany to Junior" Am I close?

Almost certainly not, though stranger things have happened.

--
"Justice is as strictly due between neighbor nations as between neighbor
citizens. A highwayman is as much a robber when he plunders in a gang, as when

--Benjamin Franklin