Old January 13th 08, 03:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Default (RCSD) selling unused stamps.

On Jan 13, 4:24 am, "1787" wrote:
I have seen several reports of people selling stamps to a dealer for a
surprisingly small percentage of cat.

Let's say I want to sell a major dealer a sheet of 40 common, unused (NH)
25c US stamps (with selvage). Am I to expect an offer of less than $10? If
so, why wouldn't I just use them for postage?

Thanks for your advice.

Ken

That is the point.

My not quite so local stamp shop sells mint postage to customers
at 90%. Thus they must buy at about 75 % to make a profit.

So the advice that we usually give sellers here is to use them for
postage, rather than sell them, where the stamps are modern mint,
issued in large quantity, with nothing much to warrant a premium.

Another factor to consider isa what volume of postage stamps
do you have to sell off and how quickly must you recover the
monetary value. It is easy to use up ten sheets of mint
postage but if you have to move 10,000 sheets - that is
another story.

Blair

Blair

..