Old December 14th 03, 09:16 PM
Aram H. Haroutunian

Just to clarify a bit... It is my understanding that when you
"report" a spoof to either ebay or paypal, you don't actually say
anything in your forwarded stuff. Just be sure to forward the suspect
email WITH full headers, without any comment. HTH
Aram.
=====================================
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 13:32:20 GMT, "Bob Rosenberger"
wrote:

You can report PayPal scams to

"Chris S" wrote in message om...
Yes. The misspellings are a giveaway--one of the major newspapers
reported on this scam, and commented on the irony that such a clever
ploy would be riddled with bad spelling and grammar. For the eBay
scam, you can forward the e-mail to
and ask eBay to
authenticate it. Of maybe six I've forwarded, all have come back as
spoofs.

I've gotten similar e-mails from PayPal imposters, but PayPal doesn't
seem to have as simple a method to authenticate as their parent
company, eBay. There's purportedly a PayPal web page that permits
reporting, but at the time I last tried to use it, it led to a
circular series of links that yielded nothing but frustration.

--Chris S

bassin
(~AZ Rider~) wrote:
I received something similar this morning, though it seems to be lacking
in the 'requier'd misspelling department. I've left out the un-visited
link they sent along just in case.

bogus???

Date: Sat, Dec 13, 2003, 7:24am (MST+2) To:
bassin
Subject: Ebay Fraud Verification Process

Dear eBay user,
As part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to
reduce the instance of fraud on our website, we are undertaking a period
review of our member accounts.
You are requested to visit our site by following the link given below

Please fill in the required information.
This is required for us to continue to offer you a safe and risk free
environment to run your auctions, and maintain the eBay Experience.
Thank you
Accounts Management
As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you
information about site changes and enhancements. Visit our Privacy
Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.
Copyright 2002 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective
owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc

Announcements | Register | SafeHarbor (Rules & Safety) | Feedback Forum
| About eBay
Copyright 1995-2001 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective
owners.
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User