Old December 14th 03, 01:32 PM
Bob Rosenberger

You can report PayPal scams to

"Chris S" wrote in message =
om...
Yes. The misspellings are a giveaway--one of the major newspapers
reported on this scam, and commented on the irony that such a clever
ploy would be riddled with bad spelling and grammar. For the eBay
scam, you can forward the e-mail to
and ask eBay to
authenticate it. Of maybe six I've forwarded, all have come back as
spoofs.
=20
I've gotten similar e-mails from PayPal imposters, but PayPal doesn't
seem to have as simple a method to authenticate as their parent
company, eBay. There's purportedly a PayPal web page that permits
reporting, but at the time I last tried to use it, it led to a
circular series of links that yielded nothing but frustration.
=20
--Chris S
=20
bassin
(~AZ Rider~) wrote:
I received something similar this morning, though it seems to be =

lacking
in the 'requier'd misspelling department. I've left out the =

un-visited
link they sent along just in case.
=20
bogus???
=20
Date: Sat, Dec 13, 2003, 7:24am (MST+2) To:
bassin
Subject: Ebay Fraud Verification Process=20
=20
Dear eBay user,=20
As part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to
reduce the instance of fraud on our website, we are undertaking a =

period
review of our member accounts.=20
You are requested to visit our site by following the link given =

below=20
=20
Please fill in the required information.=20
This is required for us to continue to offer you a safe and risk =

free
environment to run your auctions, and maintain the eBay Experience.=20
Thank you=20
Accounts Management=20
As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you
information about site changes and enhancements. Visit our Privacy
Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.=20
Copyright 2002 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.=20
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their =

respective
owners.=20
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc
=20
Announcements | Register | SafeHarbor (Rules & Safety) | Feedback =

Forum
| About eBay=20
Copyright 1995-2001 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.=20
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their =

respective
owners.=20
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User