Old January 15th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Edward Hennessey[_2_]

Default Ambrose Bierce

Faced with a welter of choices which I find difficult to compare without
more knowledge, I come here seeking opinions on the best available
edition of "The Devil's Dictionary" by the subject author. My recollection
is
that offerings have been published which, by dint of industry of the editors
combing the disjecta membra of Bruce, have managed to compile a more
comprehensive number of his quotations than appeared in the initial book
edition.

If anyone has any references, directions to another forum, commentary or
explicit recommendations which would be worth airing, I would gratefully
appreciate them. My massive preference is for a hardback volume in good
reading condition. I have no interest in an investment copy and couple that
declaration with a deep, but grudging, reluctance to accept a paperback
effort if that form is my best recourse for exclusive content.

Thank you again for the favor of your time and intelligence.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey